BASF Sustainable Materials for Mobility Award
First Place: Seungyeon (Mindy) Lee, "Nano Zinc Catalysts for Biomass Electrocatalytic Hydrogenation"
- Second Place: Augusto Gil, "Response of UHPC Bridge Girders Under Severe Fire Conditions"
DewGood Public Service Technology Award
- First Place: Fahmi Dwilaksono, "Evaluation of Operational Performance and Environmental Impact of a Commercial Scale Anaerobic Digester Utilizing Multiple Feedstocks"
- Second Place: Logan Soule, "Normoglycemic Storage Solutions for Blood Banking"
Jackson Computing and Data Impact Award
- First Place: Hossein Rajaby Faghihi, "Domiknows: A library for integration of symbolic domain knowledge in deep learning"
- Second Place: Sandeep Banik, "Learning adversarial moves and combating them"
- Best Poster: Orwell Madovi, "Design Considerations for Magnet Configurations in Rotor Design with Reduced Rare-Earth Material for PM Machines"
AI and Big Data
- Best Poster: Rahul Dey, "3DFaceFill: An Analysis-by-Synthesis Approach for Face Completion"
- Best Poster: Doga Dikbayir, "Optimizing Data Locality and Termination Criterion for t-SNE"
- Best Poster: Andrew Hou, "Towards High Fidelity Face Relighting with Realistic Shadows"
- Best Poster: Ankur Kamboj, "Human Motor Learning in High-Dimensional Spaces"
- Best Poster: Declan McClintock, "Teaching Circuits Through a Serious Game"
- Best Poster: Roshanak Mirzaee, "Spatial Reasoning in Deep Learning"
- Best Poster: Farzaneh Tatari, "Fixed-time System Identification Using Concurrent Learning"
- Best Poster: Julia Zheng, "Performance Study: Cophylogenetic Event Estimations are Impacted by Species Tree Uncertainty"
- Best Poster: Ritam Ganguly, "Distributed Runtime Verification of Metric Temporal Properties for Cross-Chain Protocols"
- Best Poster: Kangbeen Lee, "Partial Discharge and Electromagnetic Interference Under Repetitive Voltage Pulses with High Slew Rate in AC Machine Drives"
- Best Poster: Omkar Ramachandran, "Transient Port Parameter Extraction Techniques for Analyzing Coupled Full Wave EM-Device Systems"
- Best Poster: Thomas Swearingen, "Synthesizing Face Images from Match Scores"
Energy, Environment and Sustainability
- Best Poster: Omid Bagheri, "Impacts of Land Use and Land Cover Change on Terrestrial Water Cycle of the Amazon River Basin"
- Best Poster: Chase Bruggeman, "Decomposition Kinetics of Enzyme Cofactor Biomimetics"
- Best Poster: Huy Dang, "Quantification of the effect of hydropower developments on Southeast Asia's largest inland lake"
- Best Poster: Royal Ihuaenyi, "A Nonlinear Thermoviscoelastic Model for Polymeric Battery Separators"
- Best Poster: Tamanna Kabir, "Simulating Groundwater-Human Interactions in the Mekong River Basin Using Community Land Model"
- Best Poster: Seungyeon (Mindy) Lee, "Nano Zinc Catalysts for Biomass Electrocatalytic Hydrogenation"
- Best Poster: Brijen Miyani, "Spatial Variation of Excreted SARS-CoV-2, Biomarkers, and Observed COVID-19 Cases in Detroit MI"
- Best Poster: Philipp Schimmels, "Development and Testing of a Solid Fuel Charging Reactor for Long Term Renewable Energy Storage"
- Best Poster: Maddie Spooner, "Methods of SARS-CoV-2 Quantification for Wastewater-Based-Epidemiology Applications"
- Best Poster: Liang Zhao, "Five-week Warning of COVID-19 Peaks in Detroit, Michigan Using Wastewater Surveillance"
Health and Biomedical
- Best Poster: Kevin Chen, "The Role of IRE1α and Its Downstream Pathways in DNA Double Strand Break Repair and the Development of Chemotolerant Breast Cancer Cells"
- Best Poster: Connor Grady, "GEMInI- Genetically Encoded Magnetically Induced Indicators"
- Best Poster: Michael Kaven, "Vitamin D as Co-Factor for Neurodevelopment and Cognitive Function"
- Best Poster: Logan Soule, "Normoglycemic Storage Solutions for Blood Banking"
- Best Poster: Yan Xie, "Computational Study of Transport in the Molecular Tunnel of Asparagine Synthetase"
- Best Poster: Atacan Yucesoy, "Growth Modeling and its Application to Brain Mechanics"
- Best Poster: Sabrina Curley, "Phase Separation in Free Radical Photopolymer Systems: Attaining Simultaneous Chemical and Physical Patterning for Complex Surface Generation"
- Best Poster: Ian Morris, "Next-Generation Optical Quantum Technologies based on Novel Quantum Bits in Synthetic Diamond"
- Best Poster: Sarah Roberts, "Process Variable Optimization for Chemical Vapor Deposition of Diamond"
- Best Poster: Chi Zhan, "Stretching-Dominated Deformation Mechanism in 3D-Printed Hierarchical Re-entrant Honeycomb"
- Best Poster: Shivam Bajaj, "Defending a Perimeter Against Mobile Intruders"
- Best Poster: Amit Bhuyan, "Using Coordinated UAVs as a Distributed and Dynamic Content Caching Platform"
- Best Poster: Demetris Coleman, "Observability-aware Target Tracking Control"
- Best Poster: Augusto Gil, "Response of UHPC Bridge Girders Under Severe Fire Conditions"
- Best Poster: Farish Jazlan, "Toward Smart Communities: A Mobility Technology Adoption Framework Incorporating High-Level Technical Analysis"
- Best Poster: Ehsan Kamjoo, "Assessing the Network-Wide Impacts of Dedicated Lanes for Connected Autonomous Vehicles"
- Best Poster: Mohammadreza Kavianipour, "Macro Analysis to Estimate Electric Vehicles Fast-Charging Infrastructure Requirements in Small Urban Areas"
- Best Poster: Md Shakir Mahmud, "Evaluating Driver Response to a Dynamic Speed Feedback Sign at a Freeway Exit Ramp Considering the Sign Design Characteristics and Lateral Installation Position"
- Best Poster: Mohammad Wasif Naqvi, "Engineered Water Repellency to Mitigate Frost Heave Damages in Pavement"
- Best Poster: Svetha Venkatachari, "Critical Factors Governing Fire-induced Progressive Collapse in Steel Framed Buildings"
- Best Poster: Musab Guven, "Shunt-Connected Solar Microinverter for Induction Motor Soft-Starting and Active and Reactive Power Compensation"