Skip navigation links

Graduate resources


Quick links:

Request for Info

Forms and info

  • University Picture ID – 170 International Center. ( (517) 355-4500.
  • Complete I-9 Form (This must be completed on or before the first day of employment at MSU.)
  • University Email Account – see for instructions on how to set up your university email account. This must be done before your Engineering College computer accounts can be set up.
  • Engineering College Computer Account and Email – Division of Engineering Computing Services (DECS), 1325 Engineering Building, (
  • Apply for Social Security Card – Applications are available at the office for International Students and Scholars, 103 International Center, (517) 353-1720.
  • Graduate Employees Union Deduction/Authorization Form/Membership Card – All teaching assistants, except for those teaching assistants specifically excluded by the MSU/GEU agreement, must fill out this card and check-off of the option of either union membership dues or representation fees.
  • Vehicle Registration – The Police and Public Safety Office is located at 870 Red Cedar Road, (517) 355-8440. You will need a copy of your vehicle registration and car insurance. If you are a TA/RA, you will need a copy of your Graduate Appointment Form, see Lisa Clark ( in Room 2325 Engineering Building.
  • Housing – (517) 355-7457 (Student is responsible for housing arrangements)
  • Contact Advisor
  • Enroll for Classes – .

Our graduate program is built on the quality of our faculty and their research. There is an outstanding environment at MSU for collaboration between departments, across campus, and with other universities leading to multidisciplinary projects where students can interact with groups outside their discipline to help address some of the most challenging problems of today and in the future.

Learn about our department research page for information on our focus areas, research groups, and faculty associated with each area.

Visit our college research pages for more information on research across all Engineering departments.

For students taking graduate courses online, the College of Engineering has outlined a process, responsibilities, and resources to take proctored exams. If you are taking a graduate course online through the College of Engineering, visit Online exam proctoring fully understand the process and your responsibilities before completing an exam.
GradPlan helps master's and doctoral students create and store their degree plans and subsequent graduate program activities. It is where students form their guidance committee (if required), create and update a course list, track RCR, and view and complete their annual research activity guide. Visit GradPlan.